Race Shuttle 3, Car Transporter Trailer by Brian James
The enduring popularity of the Race Shuttle 3 is testimony to a combination of many successful features. From the outset the brief called for a fully enclosed transporter capable of handling mid-sized vehicles without the need for a large and therefore heavy platform. Consideration was given to creating a trailer that operated as if it were an open trailer for loading, then quickly and easily became an enclosed transport solution, without creating unnecessary wind drag from an over large body. The single piece, large format clam-shell operation was the solution.
For 2013 / 2014 new 2,000kg and 3,000kg gross capacity trailers join the popular 2,600kg version. Race Shuttle 3 can be ordered with either a fixed or Tilt-bed together with a wide range of optional equipment.
The range of applications in which the Race Shuttle 3 has proven to be extremely capable extends from the world of rallying, club racing, right through to formula series racing.
Aerodynamic single piece, clam shell design reduces wind drag and improves towing fuel consumption.
Standard 2.0m loading ramps, optional 2.4m available at extra cost.
Locking stainless steel door lock, Gas spring assisted opening.
Overall trailer dimensions
- OVERALL LENGTH 6.18m (20ft 3)
- OVERALL WIDTH 2.30m (7ft 6)
- OVERALL HEIGHT 1.99m (6ft 6)
- INTERNAL HEIGHT 1.60m (5ft 2)
- Spare wheel / tyre fitted.
- 2.0m aluminium loading ramps.
- 4 wheel auto reverse brakes.
- Multi-hole tie-down facility in chassis.
- 50mm ball coupling head with integral lock.
- Fully enclosed one-piece GRP body with gas strut lift system.
- Integrated modern lighting system to full EEC directives. Rear lamps fully protected. Flexible mounted rear corner marker lamps.
- Stable with low centre of gravity.
- Adjustable wheel stop bar.
- Rear support stands.
- Storage bins in floor and sides.
- Fully hot-dip galvanised steel chassis.
- 5 YEAR chassis warranty.